Sunday, October 17, 2010

60 Recipes in 20 weeks

Alright guys...listen up. I'm doing a project over a period of 20 weeks, which is the approximate amount of time we have left here in NC. I bought 3 new cookbooks over the weekend to add on to the ones I already have. Here's how this is going to work: Clif and I each went through all of the cookbooks and picked out 30 recipes a piece...I will cook the total of 60 varying recipes in 20 weeks (3 meals per week). I plan to post the recipes on here along with feedback and pictures of how each meal turned out. I'm doing this to strengthen my culinary skills and I also love to cook! Hopefully these recipes will spark an interest in you guys to cook some of these recipes for your own families! I will begin this project this week and will post at the end of each week (there will be 3 recipes per post).

Here are the cookbooks I purchased:




Here are a few easy/quick recipes that take 20 min or less to create:


 Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Pancakes
      Ingredients
          1 Banana
          1/4 cup Nuts (crushed)
          1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
          Pancake Mix

Directions: Mix up pancake batter according to instructions on box. After, mix in banana (cut into small pieces), with nuts and chocolate chips.

**Measurements can be measured to taste, I normally just throw these ingredients in but it all depends on how many pancakes you are planning to make**


Another quick, but good recipe...

English Muffin Pizzas
        Ingredients:
          English Muffins
          Pizza Sauce
          Shredded Chesse
          Pepperoni
          Any other toppings you may want on your pizza

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Cut English Muffins in half and spread out on a cookie sheet. Spread pizza sauce on each muffin. Then place toppings on each pizza.  Place pizzas in oven for 10 minutes. 

Garlic Sauce: Mince 1 Garlic Clove. Then mix with butter and place in microwave for 30 sec. to melt. 

Well Clif leaves for SERE school Saturday, October 30. I am also leaving the same day for Indiana. I will spend the two weeks that he is gone in Indiana with his parents. Clif being the amazing husband that he is, was able to rig it to where we can both fly out on the same flight from Wilmington to Atlanta and then we will go our separate ways. We both come back on Saturday, Novemmber 13 where he rigged it for us to meet in Atlanta and catch the same flight back to Wilmington. Since this is my first time flying/navigating the airports by myself, I am one happy girl that I will have Clif there to be with me half of the time! :)

While I'm in Indy, Anita and I plan on doing lots of crafting, a.k.a. sewing and monogramming.Don has already threatened to leave and go camping and has informed Anita and I that he may let us visit him. haha Speaking of monogramming, I've been working on a few projects ever since I had my machine fixed.

Here are a few pictures:
Christmas Pot Holder for Mom

Christmas Pot Holder Nan and Pops



I have a few projects in mind that I would like to make while in Indy
     1. Table Cloths
     2. Table Runners
     3. Pot Holders
     4. Pajamas
     5. Throw Pillows
     6. Linen Napkins

If anyone is interested in placing an order for something to be made or monnogrammed or both with the Christmas season approaching, please feel free to leave me a comment or messsage me on Facebook. I would love to have some projects outside of my own.

Today, Clif had 24 hour duty which means he had to be on base at 7:30 am and will be on duty until 7:30 am tomorrow morning to which he will report to his ground job right after. So, he won't be back home until tomorrow night. Therefore I had to watch the Colt's/Redskin's game solo :( ...I did remain a true fan even though I was alone by watching the game as always and wearing my jersey. I'm actually a pathetic sight sitting in the living room on an air mattress watching football alone while being paranoid of every noise made. Also, our house looks like a Christmas tree from outside-every light is on (apologies to the neighbors we don't have on either side of us, which also contributes to my paranoia).

Well that about sums things up for now. Keep checking the blog for those recipes. Also, feel free to leave a comment with your favorite recipe...you know I love commentary-lets me know you all are alive! Hope everyone has had a restful weekend and has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I stumbled upon your blog one day through Facebook I think. I am very excited about this recipe thing. I love trying new recipes, especially when someone else already has and can tell me how they turned out! This: http://annies-eats.com/ is my favorite food blog. I am always making her recipes. Thought you might be interested. I look forward to your 60 recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok 3rd time the charm to comment. In college I used cooked ground beef and not peperoni. Healthy choice. Also made a bunch for lunch and breakfast it was college - cold is best. Also due to budget I used white bread. It was the 70's.

    Also I will go camping alone when you come. Actually I have asked a friend to go. He will sleep in a tent. We are bring fishing poles, guns and raw meat to dook over the fire.

    Don

    ReplyDelete